Herefordshire’s one-stop-shop for business support is throwing its weight behind one of the region’s biggest expos next month.
The Marches Growth Hub Herefordshire is set to be a silver stand holder at the Hereford Means Business Expo which will be held at the Three Counties Hotel on May 9.
One of its key partners, The Business Solutions Centre, is also a silver stand holder of the annual event which attracts businesses from across the county for a day of networking, workshops and support.
Headline speakers at the expo include Adam Brooks from the Sales Academy, business coach and trainer Ian J Preston and Chris Tipping from the DM Lab.
Experts from Google’s Digital Garage will also be sharing advice and information on how businesses can become more visible on Google – the world’s number one online search engine.
Representatives from the Growth Hub, which offers a single point of access to information and guidance on business grants, loans, support and advice to a range of enterprises, will be on hand throughout the event to talk to business owners.
Lyndsay Francis, Economic Development Officer at the Growth Hub, said: “The Hereford Means Business Expo is a key event in the region’s business calendar and it presents a magnificent opportunity for people to network, pick up advice and learn from others.
“We are delighted to be a silver stand holder at the event and look forward to meeting a range of new and existing businesses from the area.”
The event starts at 10am with networking, followed by speaker Adam Brooks, who will talk about achieving business growth through successful selling. Google’s Digital Garage professionals will run an hour-long hands on workshop on Google Maps at 11.30am.
After lunch Ian J Preston will talk about the benefits of LinkedIn to businesses and Chris Tipping will talk about micro moments, search intent and the changing landscape of Google.
To register for the event visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hereford-means-business-expo-2019-visitor-ticket-tickets-55015415589?aff=erelexpmlt.
For further information, contact Amy Bould at Be Bold Media on 01952 898121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Marches Growth Hub
• The Marches Growth Hub brings together all national and local business support in one place for the first time and is fully aligned to the Government’s ‘Business is GREAT’ campaign.
• A comprehensive business support website – www.marchesgrowthhub.co.uk – and dedicated enquiry line – 0345 6000 727 – provide businesses across the whole Marches region with access to funding, support and advice. All resources are available to enterprises of all sizes, from start-ups to large employers.
• This is supported by physical hubs in Telford at the University of Wolverhampton’s Telford Innovation Campus, at Skylon Park in Hereford and at the Food Enterprise Centre in Shrewsbury.
Growth Hubs and the Growth Hub Network
• The 38 Local Enterprise Partnership led Growth Hubs across England bring together and simplify access to national and local business support. Supported by Government, Growth Hubs ensure that no matter the size, sector or maturity of a business they provide locally tailored business support and advice to direct businesses to the most appropriate organisations to assist with their specific requests.
• Some additional key facts:
There are 38 Growth Hubs covering the whole of England – one in each Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) area.
At the end of 2018/19 financial year, the Government will have invested £56.4 million in Growth Hubs via Local Enterprise Partnerships. The Government has committed a further £12 million to Growth Hubs for 2019-2020.